Monday, May 12, 2008

Narbonne 2008 Round 3 - Lesson 3

my round 3 game was one of the most exciting. i was paired against a fairly strong player (1965 elo) and i had the black pieces. it was a king's gambit and we both missed wins (the game eventually being drawn). the main lesson i learned was that i need to improve my sense of when i have a winning idea. let's look at one of the critical positions



my opponent has just attacked my queen with 22.c4

what is the best square for my queen? highlight the space between these quotation marks for the answer "g2! play it through and see if you can see how things end up after the exchanges on g2"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hahaha! nice tactic.. the best part, it uses a queen sac, a pin, and a quite move... would have been great if u won... it would've broken your opponents ego ;-p